Thursday 4 February 2016

The Sands of Istvaan 5: Salamander Vehicle Wrecks

After the completion of the Warlord i quite honestly felt like i didn't know what to do with myself anymore, like my only purpose in life was now compete! So to try and find my hobby direction again, i turned back to my old friend, Terrain!

The Sands of Istvaan terrain set is pretty much complete except for the addition of a bit of battlefield debris. I had a few old vehicles that i wanted to smash up for terrain, so they were allocated to this project.

Believe it or not this is a Forgeworld Predator! A mate of mine butchered it trying to force it together without reshaping the warped parts....schoolboy error. He asked me to try and fix it, but i couldn't really salvage it fully. So he said i could just keep it! So i chopped it up a bit, and set fire to it - literally! This will be a fine wreck.


A quick paint job later, and we have a nice Salamanders wreck!


But whats a burnt out wreck without some burnt out corpses! These were fantasy skeletons bought cheap from my FLGS.



Miraculously i actually found a random Salamanders brass etch as well! Not so fire proof now eh lads?!


Some anti-tank weaponry has also had a crack at this Predator, just to make sure its dead!


After thoroughly enjoying the Predator, i quickly raided my bits boxes for an old Rhino i knew i had lying around. This is a proper old school Rhino, so fitted perfectly with the Heresy theme.


The Rhino's  cause of death is a little more obvious than the Predators. Its been hit head on by a very powerful anti-tank weapon.


Right the way through the Rhino! Ouch!


A few bolter holes for good measure from an over enthusiastic Traitor!


It looked like this over enthusiastic Traitor was also packing a Multi Melta!


I'm really pleased with these simple bits of scatter terrain, it'll really liven up the terrain set. As i was on a role, i chopped up an old 40K Land Speeder as well! Fortunately for my poor collection i'd now run out of tanks and vehicles to kill, so this will be the last one!


As soon as i get a game with the terrain set i'll get some pictures up!

The GunGrave

6 comments:

  1. Awesome looking terrain. Really like the battle damage effects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kinda leaning towards paint-burn-seal. Just for authenticity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff, I wrecked a LR ages ago along the same lines

    http://weemen.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/terrain-and-scenery-wrecked-landraider.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Raiders bad ass!! Think I'm gonna have to take a trip down my FLGS and find a cheap one!

      Delete
  4. Thanks all, it was a lot of fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, man! Lovely wrecks - the landspeeder in particular made me chuckle, that pilot certainly stuffed the landing!

    ReplyDelete