Monday 30 November 2015

Mars Alpha Pattern Warlord Battle Titan (6)

Before i moved onto other parts of the Warlord build, i needed to finish off the pinning for the weapon arms. The mechanism itself is done, so i just needed to finish off the pins.

After scouring my bits boxe's i couldnt find anything to cap the ends of the pins with. Then my eyes driffted to the Reaver and the void shield generators - now they would be ideal!!

So, i cast myself up a mould so i could make some of my own for the pin caps. 


Firstly, i drilled in a small hole into the back of the cap.


These held the brass rods perfectly. I recessed them to make sure it was a resonably strong connection.


I then test fitted the pins into the joints and cut the rod to the exact length i needed, which of course is the width of the weapon housing. 





So next was the other end of the pin. I cast a few more caps then recessed some 2mm magnets into them.


I then stuck some magnets onto the other end of the brass pins.


The end result was this dumb-bell looking pin!


Once in place, the pins looked great!




Thats one big headache out of the way! Now onto the final parts of the build!

The GunGrave

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. Your attention to detail is commendable, I'd have just left a blob of uhu over the end of the pin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ingenius. I will be replicating this I reckon, cheers!

    ReplyDelete