Monday 12 September 2011

Necron Obelisk


So, a random Monday smattering of terrain for you dear readers!

I've been hoarding empty tin cans, coffee tins and a bewildering array of containers for some time now. The reason being I’m stocking up on materials for the next Apocalypse Terrain project: Promethium Refinery, but that’s a way off yet. In the meantime i decided to try and slim down my junk collection a bit with a Necron Obelisk!

So this is what we have: a shower gel bottle ('Original Source' if you’re interested!), and it just screamed Necron Obelisk at me! As I’m still waiting on the next delivery of Space Wolves, i thought today would be a good time to do something.....evil.....!


Firstly i made a base out of a bit of chipboard, cut circular and bevelled using a Jigsaw. I used a Palm Sander to tidy it up a bit.


I then based it.


While the base was drying, i designed my Necron sigil on some thick plasticard.


This was then super glued to the bottle. I had to use elastic bands to hold it in place for an hour or so, as the superglue wouldn’t take for some reason!


One sinister paintjob later and voila!


All in all it took me about 2 hours to do (including drying time). Quick, easy and effective!

The GunGrave

7 comments:

  1. Very cool. Pretty fast to make as well, I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done. The icon out of plasticard really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i use this stuff, so i have tons of these empty bottles lying around. if i ever do any necron terrain i am using this idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good!

    I've found that some plastics don't adhere as well with superglue. Best ways around that are to 1: use plastic cement, which chemically melts the plastic together, or 2: rough up the area you're gluing with a file or sandpaper to give the glue more surface area to work with.

    Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete